How To Get Your Emails Read By Your Customers, Clients and Patients
Nothing is more frustrating than spending a lot of time and effort writing emails no one opens. What’s more, it can also be downright unprofitable! A few percentage points more in your email open rates could mean a lot more profit. Industry averages for marketers vary widely, primarily based on the market, but open rates of 25 percent are not unusual for lists that are current. Undoubtedly, these are folks who have mastered the knack of getting their emails opened. Let’s check out 5 ways you can get more of your emails opened, without pulling your hair out!
5 Ways to get more emails opened
- Write what you’d want to read – The easiest way to have more of your emails opened is by giving your readers what they are asking for. Savvy marketers consistently ask their readers for feedback.
- Get your subject line right – Crafting a compelling, intriguing, simply must-open subject line is an art you need to master. Learn to avoid spam words, and inject the kind of emotion and interest that grabs your readers by the throat.
- Be consistent in your “From” box – This is a central part of your branding, but it’s more than that. People need to identify and trust you showing up often in their email box. Pick who you want it to be from, either you or your company, and stick with it.
- Show your personality – Don’t be afraid to inject some of your personality into your subject lines and especially the first line or two. (This is normally visible in your email inbox!)
- Resend your unopens – An extremely simple way to get more opens. Be sure to send the email again to those people who didn’t open the first time, but also be sure to change up the subject line a tad. You’ll be surprised at the results.
There is a lot to do about the body of your email, but at least for now you’re getting them to open them, and that’s half the battle!