How To Use Email and an E-Newsletter To Reach Out to Clients and Patients
How should I use an E-newsletter to engage my list?
Many people are under the impression that the e-newsletter is a tool from way back when, when we were all connected with dial-up Internet via AOL and “surfed” the net like a herd of turtles with Netscape. Although the e-newsletter has been in existence a long time, it is still a very important tool that you would do well to employ. This is perhaps more true today than in the past. Anytime you can communicate more efficiently and connect with your audience in a meaningful fashion is a useful one. An e-newsletter is a very good method to use, build authority and ultimately drive sales. The Direct Marketing Association informs us that every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber reveals that 77% of small business owners report increased revenue by using email.
Not your grandmother’s e-newsletters anymore!
Don’t be buffaloed into thinking that your e-newsletter has to be as bland and un-sexy as those you’ve made the mistake of opting in for. Here are some eye-catching examples of e-newsletters that rock! Also, ensuring that you’re not just selling, but engaging your audience with useful, compelling content. Kayak, for example, isn’t just about telling you about the latest travel deals, but rather getting you salivating on the notion of travel and fun. Additionally, they go out of the way to engage their readers.
Five tips for creating an E-newsletter
Here are some tips for writing an E-newsletter that gets opened and acted upon!
- Talk as if you’re talking to a friend – Customers respond to a friendly tone, and are much more likely to engage.
- Encourage communication – Provide them with every opportunity to respond and specifically ask for it!
- Be specific! – Don’t stray from your topic, and most importantly, don’t be boring!
- Offer useful content – Above all else, offer content that’s fresh, useful and that resonates with your list.
- Don’t hesitate to use emotion – Writing with emotion is powerful and is almost certainly going to stir others as well, promoting more engagement.
Don’t settle for simply autoresponder messages! Create a meaningful and useful e-newsletter today!