5 Online Reputation Marketing Strategies To Use To Manage Your Company Brand
Can Reputation Marketing Actually Help Us Strengthen Our Brand?
Use these 5 Online Reputation Marketing Strategies to Manage your Company’s Brand
You might think that online reputation management isn’t something you need concern yourself with. I would urge you to reconsider!
According to eMarketer 83% of consumers say that online reviews influence their opinions in regards to a particular company, and 8 of 10 of these people added that a unfavorable entry online is the cause of them changing their mind regarding that company. Even one negative review, justified or not, can negate all your efforts if you haven’t prepared an online reputation strategy to handle it. So to help with that I’d like to present five strategies your business, and your brand, can implement to monitor and manage your online reputation.
- Monitor your company and personal names – Keeping an eye on what’s being said about you and your business is of paramount importance. Fortunately, there are plenty of free tools to aid in this regard, like Google Alerts, Hootsuite, Social Mention and others.
- Claim all your relevant social properties – Unused social media sites can be used by your competition to pull you down, and spread negativity. Be sure you claim all social sites that matter for your brand.
- Own as much of page one of Google as you can – One proactive way to make certain what individuals read about you whenever they Google you is to own most if not all of Google page one for your brand names. This will make it much more difficult for flyby attacks to have much if any effect.
- Ask for customer reviews – Customer reviews aren’t just going to magically appear: you must actively court them. Make a point of asking your customers to write reviews, and do everything possible so that it’s easy for them: links to review sites, examples from other customers, etc. Of course, if you offer incentives, let them know that you’re not attempting to bribe them or affect their review!
- Make engagement a high priority – Engaging with your commenters, social media posts and tweets is a terrific way to prevent any negativity from the start. Refrain from getting into a shouting match though, however powerful the impulse.
Online reputation management is incredibly crucial now, when customers can tweet, post or video form wherever they happen to be. Don’t forget this one!