Simple Steps To Track, Manage And Repair Your Online Reputation Part 1
What Is Reputation Marketing and Management?
Misinformation and rumors about your business can dominate search engine results.
This means that potential customers searching for your business will easily see this negative information and may choose to take their business to one of your competitors instead of you.
It’s important that you’re constantly aware of what is being said about your company online so that you can properly deal with issues before they become a problem for your business.
3 STEPS FOR ASSESSING AND MANAGING YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION
Step 1 – Tracking Your Online Presence
First you need to be aware of what people are saying about your business online. Here is a quick list of things you can do every week to regularly monitor your online presence.
1. Search – do a Google search for your company name, your URL and any possible misspellings. Note any negative reviews and where they are ranked in the search engine results. Tip: Include searches for phrases such as “your business review”.
2. Social Media Searches – do site specific searches for your business on Facebook and Twitter. An easy way to do this is by typing into Google:
- Your business name site:facebook.com
- Your business name site:yelp.com
3. Search Review Websites – search for your business name and URL on review sites such as Yelp and Kudzu. Also search the local business section of Google Plus for reviews.
4. Sign up for Google Alerts – Google Alerts allows you to track mentions of keywords, such as your business name, this will help you monitor any new information that is published on the internet about your business. It’s completely free and can be setup to send you emails as mentions happen, daily or weekly.
5. Use A Service – Consider using a paid service such as BrandsEye or RelevantNoise to track your online presence for you.
Now that we have assessed our online reputation, it’s time to address any issues we’ve found. (Simple Steps To Track, Manage And Repair Your Online Reputation Part 2)