Simple Steps To Track, Manage And Repair Your Online Reputation Part 3
3 STEPS FOR ASSESSING AND MANAGING YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION
Step 3 – Repair The Damage – What Is The Best Way To Fix or Erase Bad Online Reviews?
Now that you have addressed any issues it’s time to repair any damage that may have been caused. The aim here is to increase positive customer engagement with your business, remove false information and move negative search engine results further down in the rankings.
1. Contact Websites – if you find any false or unnecessarily vindictive information contact the website and request that it be removed.
2. Connect Through Social Media – engage with your customers through social media and help them get to know you and your business. Provide high quality, informative and interesting content and try to encourage interaction and feedback from your audience. This isn’t the time or the place for sales pitches nor to post dry, business-related information. This will only further disengage your customers and do more harm to your business than it will do good.
3. Create Content – create great original content to help displace negative content in search engine results. Use all of your available web properties, website, Facebook, blog etc. to add content to. Keep adding content at least 3 times a week until the negative reviews have at least been removed from the top 30 search results.
4. Stay On Top – usually bad things have a way of spreading very quickly, and it’s possible that negative information can damage your business if you don’t handle it efficiently or don’t handle it at all. Set aside 1 or 2 hours twice a week to monitor your online presence and you should be able to prevent negative reviews and feedback from becoming a problem for your business.
5. Encourage Customer Reviews – provide some form of incentive for customers to leave a review about your business. You’ll find that only people who are going to right something positive will take you up on this offer and it will help dilute any negative reviews.
6. Consider Hiring a Reputation Management Firm – if you’re finding some negative feedback impossible to get away from then consider hiring a professional reputation management firm. Assessing, responding and repairing negative feedback can be a time consuming task for any business owner. A Reputation Management Firm will take all of the hard work out of it for you and also have the knowledge and expertise to make sure you get results.
If you missed the first installments of this series, they can be viewed here: