The Key To Effective Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads – It’s the Image, Stupid!
Facebook ads are among the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for getting traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other objective you can imagine for your website. Ad campaigns are incredibly simple to set up, include great targeting tools, and can be online within minutes. There is one key to fully grasp, however, in regards to getting the best results and return on investment: That would be finding the most effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s take a look at some useful tips for obtaining the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do exactly that!
- Use very high quality stock images – Because your images will end up very small, make certain you’re purchasing from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our most favorite. The XS size of available images is going to be fine, as even these are cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110×80 pixels).
- Crop to deliver impact – Crop your photos closely to spotlight the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When using product images, get close!
- Choose eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your click-thru rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thus consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, opt for the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn’t to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Employ humor if you can – Everyone enjoys a good laugh. If you have the chance to inject a giggle into your ad, don’t pass it up! It will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some really good examples of these imagery principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.